HomeAway has the best websites around the world to book beach homes, cabins and condos. With more than two million places to stay in 190 countries, travelers can find the perfect vacation home to meet their needs, whether it’s a pet-friendly beach house for 12 or a treehouse for two. We give travelers, owners, and property managers the tools, data, and insights they need to create the best all-around experience. HomeAway and its brands, including VRBO.com, are part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
Fast Facts About HomeAway and VRBO
- HomeAway was founded by Brian Sharples and Carl Shepherd in February 2005.
- We own some of the oldest vacation rental brands in the world, such as VRBO in the U.S. and Abritel in France.
- The average traveler is a 35-to-50-year-old female who travels with family, typically a group of four or more people.
- Vacation and special occasions are the most common reasons for a trip, with an average stay of seven days.
- After staying in a vacation rental for the first time, 82% of travelers plan to do so again in the future.
- By renting a vacation home, many travelers can get twice the space for half the cost of a hotel.